Administrative Assistant- NMG HR
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a highly motivated, engaging individual to provide advanced support to a department and/or manager.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with a variety of talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. At our Seattle Headquarters, we work in partnership with other areas of the Company to support our frontline salespeople and customers. When you join Nordstrom, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal administrative assistant is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Coordinate activities (meetings, presentations, etc.) across multiple teams
- Facilitate processes necessary to the effective running of the department
- Review operating practices and procedures and determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures or expenditures
- Set up and oversee administrative procedures and guidelines for department
- Assist in maintaining department budget and expense reconciliation as appropriate
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative work
- Nordstrom or other retail experience
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, peers and leadership
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 18 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...