This position involves performing administrative duties to ensure that the work requested by employees and management of IFDC is completed in an efficient and timely manner. this position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Duties may include:
This position requires a full range of administrative skills and the ability to use these skills to perform daily assignments. This job may involve:
- Performing general administrative duties for the IFDC Office of Finance (e.g., typing reports, memos and letters; preparing expense accounts; preparing telefaxes; processing purchase requisitions and travel requests; answering telephones; opening, sorting, screening and distributing the mail; making appointments; receiving visitors; photocopying incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports; maintaining petty cash; distributing checks)
- Maintaining files concerning the organizational structure and contact information for all offices and divisions of IFDC.
- Coordinating all travel assignments of IFDC personnel in the Office of Finance (e.g., making hotel accommodations, arranging for transportation, preparing travel expense reports for accounting)
- Coordinating administrative work among other administrative staff (e.g., distributing work to other administrative assistants, sending work to the Word Processing Center for completion, proofing other staff's completed work)
- Assisting in periodic inventory counts for the stockroom.
- Maintaining and updating information for the Office of Finance on the intranet (SharePoint) and performing certain other duties including switchboard rotation and mailroom back-up.
- Knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation in order to draft clear and concise letters, memos and reports
- Ability to format a document in accordance with specific instructions.
- Knowledge of the Mircosoft suite of Office products.
- Ability to operate various office equipment (typewriter, adding machine, copying machine, scanners, and personal computers)
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally in order to effectively deal with staff, management and professionals from foreign countries
- Ability to use judgment to determine when to interrupt the supervisor for an important call when he/she has requested not to be interrupted or to determine who should receive a specific call or inquiry
- Ability to perform simple math calculations to check expense claims, calculate exchange rates and determine the time in different parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on more than one activity at a time (e.g., to work with interruptions)
- This position requires an Associates degree (Bachelor's preferred).
IFDC- International Fertilizer Development - 30+ days ago