CCL Unit Admin Asst I
The position provides administrative support to unit supervisor and staff. The position interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services staff and the general public.
For a realistic job preview, please go to the following website: http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Jobs/default.asp.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Performs data entry into IMPACT and other electronic programs and systems.
- Answers and screens telephone inquiries; takes and routes messages and records intake information for referral to caseworkers.
- Prepares and maintains statistical reports, leave and personnel records, case control systems, case records and related files for the unit. Functions as the unit timekeeper and will process purchase orders as directed.
- Types correspondence, forms narratives, travel vouchers, meeting notes, performance evaluations, and other documents to support work of the unit and files related documents.
- Provides program and agency information and/or makes referrals to other community resources.
- Greets visitors, responds to general questions, and directs callers to proper location.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Knowledge of computers.
- Skill in using Microsoft Works or Windows environment.
- Skill in working in an office supporting several staff members.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
Initial Selection Criteria:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- One year full-time administrative support, general office, clerical, secretarial or Texas Department of Family and Protective Services experience.
- Thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required experience
The starting salary for external applicants is $1,881.75. The starting salary for former agency employees and employees transferring directly from other Texas state agencies may exceed the range above; however, the starting salary for this position may not exceed above the pay group for the position. Factors such as education and experience may be considered when establishing the starting salary for employees coming from other state agencies within Texas.
Experience using Microsoft software.
Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.