General Statement of Duties
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to Directors of the organization and their management teams.
Essential Job Functions
1. Greets visitors and callers, answers their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
2. Prepares routine correspondence, memos, minutes of meetings, routine reports and other materials or documents using word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software.
3. Makes arrangements and prepares agendas for committee and other meetings. Ensures appropriate meeting notification and timely provision of follow-up actions.
4. Manages and maintains director’s schedule, makes travel arrangements.
5. Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies, duplication, and distribution of documents.
6. Organizes and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence and other materials.
Completes competencies as defined by department/unit and/or clinical specialty area.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics (KSAOs)
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
Supervised By: Director
Supervision Of: N/A
Meditech, PC, Common Office Equipment, Microsoft Office Software.
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
(X) INSIDE: Spends approximately _
_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time): Sitting
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
(X) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
HCA Inc - 4 months ago
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is truly downtown San Antonio’s most comprehensive hospital, providing a wide-range of health care...