The College Board, the national educational organization, has an immediate opening for an Administrative Associate who will provide overall program and administrative support to the Assessment Design & Development department at our Iowa City, IA location.
The Administrative Associate will work as a generalist across the units to coordinate meetings, conferences, focus groups, maintain databases/project management timelines, and provide overall administrative support to the department. The Administrative Associate will also serve as a backup for the Office Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide logistical support for meetings, conferences and focus groups.
- Maintain databases, create/update reports, and document processes.
- Coordinate/process of statements of work and independent contractor agreements. Track and monitor agreements from creation through execution and payment.
- Provide direct assistance to Executive Directors and Item Bank Manager with maintaining calendars, processing expense reports and making travel arrangements.
- Perform a variety of administrative support tasks which may include, but are not limited to: managing information in databases or lists and coordinating the distribution of materials to independent contractors.
- Perform a variety of clerical support tasks which may include, but are not limited to: answering telephones and taking messages; preparing/proof-reading/formatting documents; maintaining files; scheduling appointments/calendar management; and making travel/hotel arrangements.
- Perform other activities as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent required, BA Degree preferred.
Minimum of 1 to 2 years of related administrative experience, preferably in a customer service or program support capacity.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Uses good judgment in the absence of specific instructions
- Problem-resolution skills
- Organizational/time management skills
- Ability to organize and manage meetings
- Strong customer service orientation
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to be a team player
- Effectively handles multiple situations simultaneously
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial operations
- Skilled in all Microsoft Office applications
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board’s in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board - 7 months ago
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...