Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
An exciting opportunity is available for you to provide professional level fiscal and administrative support services to the Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (SWCOEH).
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Makes complex administrative decisions requiring a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies and procedures;
- Directs, trains and coordinates SWCOEH daily activities, including overseeing the maintenance of records and files (such as personnel, purchases, billing, students, inventory, contract and grants, accounting, and time and effort reports) and verifies compliance with university policy and relevant computer-based systems;
- Administers the SWCOEH operating budgets by approving purchase requisitions and reviews monthly reports on expenditures and budget comparisons;
- Reviews personnel action forms such as appointments (including trainee appointments), promotions, separations, salary increases, fund source changes and other changes and payroll transactions to conform to university policies and procedures, and obtains necessary approvals and processes them in a timely manner;
- Oversees updating the website and program materials. Establishes and maintains contact with faculty, trainees, advisory board members, and others, both within and outside the SWCOEH;
- Oversees Agency reporting requirements.;
- Oversees the preparation of applications for grants by assisting investigators with budgets and deadlines.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience in administration or business management or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
Good interpersonal skills.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 10 months ago