The Administrative Coordinator is a key role for supporting the delivery of The Washington Center's civic engagement promise to students to provide them with a transformational. In this role, the Administrative Coordinator is directly responsible for working with and supporting the Program Advisor for Civic Engagement Initiatives on logistics and administrative areas.
Essential Functions listed in order of importance :
JOB FUNCTION (Civic Engagement)
Provide logistic support for Program Advisor and Civic Engagement leaders, including but not limited to room reservations, technology needs, purchase requisitions, and other tasks as assigned.
Support the Program Advisor in vetting Community Partners to ensure a high level of engagement and participation.
Develop and maintain database of community partners, agency interactions, CE leader tracking, expenses, and department interface.
Establish social media presence in conjunction with Communications for project exposure and coverage.
Ensure all Civic Engagement materials are properly branded and are utilized appropriately on MyTWC, syllabi, publications, etc.
Provide weekly reports to Managing Director in conjunction with the Advisor, assist in developing comprehensive semester reports for Managing Director on overall Civic Engagement Initiatives.
Other administrative tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are not reflected in the competencies but are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position :
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- Preference given to individuals with one to two years of experience in service learning, student life, or higher education.
- Additionally, experience in working with community agencies, policy development and impact, and civic engagement background preferred.
- Event planning and/or marketing experience beneficial
Equipment Used to Perform the Job which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Easily adaptable
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals
- Independent judgment and initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
idealist.org - 11 months ago