Administration and Support
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Kirkland staff as an Administrative Coordinator for our Aerospace Division.
Please note that position is located in Kirkland NOT Seattle.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES NEED APPLY.
Provide proficient administrative support for the Atkins Kirkland Aerospace Office. Relieve manager and staff of routine administrative matters, demonstrating initiative and knowledge of unit’s function and goals, company organization, and policies and procedures. Act as extension of manager's authority in administrative matters. Act as liaison between managers and staff, charged with information flow across the wide organization. Play proactive role in ensuring that goals and deadlines are met.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Performs reception/administrative duties including management of phones, greeting of visitors, shipping and mailing, purchasing, and coordinating with vendors and suppliers. Initiates calls to follow up or coordinate actions, obtain supplies and services
- Coordinates staff activities within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures
- Performs operations tasks such as handling building/office issues, creating work orders, coordinating office expansion activities, maintaining office registers and calendars, and other tasks as needed to support office growth
- Responsible for staffing tasks such as maintenance of recruiting records, performing new hire onboarding tasks and coordination with remote HR staff, badging, and updating and maintaining staff logbooks and resumes
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed for conferences, travel, correspondence, appointments, and meetings. Maintains agendas, schedules and itineraries, and informs appropriate personnel
- Coordinates staff training and meetings, attends business functions as needed, e.g., planning and setting up room for meetings, luncheons, or presentations, prepares meeting minutes
- Develops charts and graphs based on financial, marketing, project or other information, and updates them as needed for meetings, monthly reports, or presentations. Prepares unit's organization charts. May assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts and presentations.
- Assists in the development of presentations to clients or upper management, or special tasks as assigned by business development staff
- May be called upon to organize and coordinate employee welfare or marketing-related activities such as luncheons, exhibits, receptions, social gatherings or other company functions
- Supports project administrative requirements as needed
- Coordinates administrative activities with counterparts in the UK or other US and international Atkins offices
- May perform other duties from time to time as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related subject, plus four years' experience. Without a degree, requires 8 years' experience in progressively responsible administrative work.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Knowledge of business administration practices and principles, including finance and accounting. Computer skills required, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of the consulting engineering industry helpful. Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork.
Job requires ability to process paper/electronic documents and operate computer keyboard. Ability to retrieve and file folders. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
Interfaces with clients and potential clients, in support of the Aerospace Office. May occasionally interact with vendors.
Faithful+Gould - 20 months ago