Oversees planning and coordination of a variety of events to meet Campus or University goals.
- Manages an ongoing calendar of events and creates overall scheduling plans for Campus facilities.
- Works with Campus units or executives, student groups, and outside organizations to develop event concepts, plan detailed programs, and orchestrate successful logistical arrangements to enhance program success.
- Prepares and manages budgets; manages contracts and ongoing vendor arrangements.
- Prepares and manages guest lists, invitations, and arrangements for featured guests and speakers.
- Coordinates with marketing, communications, development, and public relations staffs to develop and execute effective event marketing plans.
- Develops expertise in state-of-the-art technology and media support; arranges for the most appropriate equipment, and assures staff receive appropriate training.
- Prepares event briefing documents for key executives and media relations personnel.
- May supervise a permanent staff, as well as staff hired to operate large events.
- Reports to senior management on the success of events, including financial outcomes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Manager
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the President, VP of Institutional Advancement, and Executive Director of the Hunter College Foundation, the Administrative Events Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning and coordination of all events for the Office of the President and the Office of Institutional Advancement. As a critical member of the senior fundraising staff, the Administrative Events Manager will play a key part in identifying high net-worth alumni and potential donors. Special Events is a very high volume and critical piece of the President's fundraising strategy. The Administrative Events Manager will create targeted strategies and events to cultivate these potential donors, leveraging the incredible faculty, students, and facilities of the College.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and executes all events for the Office of the President and the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Is a trusted and senior advisor to the President.
- Working with the development staff, identifies, cultivates, and stewards current and prospective donors to the College.
- Identifies and capitalizes on linkages between College events and fundraising opportunities.
- Uses events to match potential donors with specific faculty, students, and programs.
- Develops college-wide event plan and assists with strategy development; ensures seamless execution of all events.
- Collaborates with the Office of Student Services on the development and execution of Winter and Spring Commencements.
- Works with Office of Communications to develop event marketing and advertising communications and to ensure placement of events in various media outlets.
- Works with institutional advancement and presidential staff to develop guest lists, produce and mail invitations, and coordinate food, audio and other logistics.
- Prepares event briefing documents for the President and other staff, including the presidential speechwriter.
- Supervises four direct reports, interns and other presidential and advancement staff who handle cultivation and other fundraising events. Must have proven management experience with teams of up to 10.
- Coordinates special guest visits ensuring a positive portrayal of the College.
- Manages the budget for all events.
- Manages all events vendor and catering relationships.
- Oversees database management for events (Raiser Edge).
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
Excellent oral and written communications required. Must be detailed oriented and able to work well under pressure.
$55,602 - $85,356; commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on May 22, 2013. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.