Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
$13.85/hr min-$17.32/hr mid
Responsible for performing more complex data entry, compiling reports, transcribing meeting minutes, creating basic correspondence, conducting research, and performing basic quantitative quality assurance reviews. Basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and departmental polices and procedures are required at this level.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
1. Performs various routine clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; maintaining calendars; keying information into databases; making photocopies; performing data entry; faxing documents; typing; and word processing.
2. Processes information in specified computer system; creates and updates forms, letters, contracts, spreadsheets, tests, and calendars within established guidelines.
3. Types a variety of documents with utmost accuracy, which may include: correspondence, reports, memos, notices, forms, contracts, schedules, meeting agendas and minutes, and/or other related materials.
4. Maintains a variety of files and records which may include entering, sorting, and verifying data into an assigned computer system.
5. Assists in preparing, maintaining, and processing payroll and related documentation files; monitors and tracks timesheets as needed and investigates payroll problems.
6. Assists with coordinating department activities, such as tracking work and change orders, generating and tracking purchase orders, arranging for equipment repair, researching information, and providing related support.
7. Performs spot checks of inventory and requisitions supplies as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and two years of general clerical and/or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Job Specific Task List
Greeting students and other guests who walk into B126 and directing them to the appropriate person/office
Answering the phone and directing calls to the appropriate person/office
Scheduling appointments for Myers and Osborne
Light typing (syllabi, tests, handouts, letters, memos, e-mails, etc.) for full time faculty and adjuncts
Taking minutes and transcribing them for Department meetings/Advisory committee meetings
Ordering textbooks and instructional materials for adjuncts
Reviewing 50+ syllabi for formatting/dates and posting them on the I drive
Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail Ordering and inventorying office supplies
Scheduling rooms (compressed video, classrooms, conference room, Voice Plus) for department meetings
Copies (internal/external) for full time and adjunct faculty
Assist department chair with Form A’s and B/335 and other curriculum maintenance (proofread)
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
One or more years of higher education clerical/customer service experience
Experience using MS Office software
Experience using Sunguard/Banner software
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled