The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview
These positions are located in the Office of the Director, Office of Science Management and Operations, Office of Administrative Services, Intramural Administrative Management Branch, Bethesda. Md.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
If you are selected, you will perform the following duties:
- Participate in planning, developing, formulating, preparing, executing, and/or monitoring organizational budgets.
- Analyze expenditures and organization spending plans and prepare justifications.
- Apply internal budget review guidelines and procedures to facilitate the budget review process. Analyze program needs and budget data for cost benefit.
- Develop allocation reports. Review and analyze monthly budget data to monitor and modify spending as necessary. Estimates are revised to reflect any unanticipated program changes and/or rescheduling.
- Draft specifications for use in solicitation for services and other contracting documents.
- Evaluate and recommend alternative methods of procurement. Conduct negotiations with vendors to obtain good and services.
- Serve as purchase card coordinator.
- Assist in performing general administration and advisory services and/or functions, to include: time and attendance, relocation, requests, human resources services, facilities management, property management; space management, logistics, safety and security.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting in the planning, formulation and/or execution of organizational budgets; analyzing routine expenditures and spending plans; drafting specifications or statements of work for use in contracts; conducting routine cost comparisons and estimates; coordinating procurement, property, and space management functions; providing advice on routine human resources issues and preparing HR documents for use in recruitment efforts.
Possess a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or L.L.B. or J.D.
A combination of graduate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirments for this position.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Candidates determined to be Best Qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
- Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
Click here to view vacancy questions: View Assessment Questions
If you are a veteran, CTAP or ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links for additional information and required documents:
All such documents MUST be received by 11:59pm ET of the closing date, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, to be considered.
- Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled
The federal government offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. For more information, check out New Employee Benefits at NIH and OPM's Employee Benefits Information .
We are unable to pay relocation expenses.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/ placement.
Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement. The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program ( E-Verify ). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers. The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus .
Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well as their...