Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Assist personnel on records destruction and file transfer standards and procedures.
- Support personnel to ensure compliance of Federal, State, and University policies and guidelines.
- Ensure email of departing personnel is processed in accordance with the departing personnel procedure.
- Process and deliver records to attorneys and other personnel in a timely fashion.
- Pick up records from attorneys and other personnel to return to storage.
- Process new records for storage.
- Print and deliver labels.
- Process all types of records.
- Work effectively to accomplish daily records tasks.
- Maintain electronic files and assist with electronic file transfers.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related to management of records, including preservation and protection preferred
- Experience with using electronic databases
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
- Strong understanding of file structure and file organization
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels
- Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated, and proactive
- Basic experience with MS Access, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat (create PDF forms and templates), MS Word, MS Excel (charts & graphs), and MS Outlook
- One (1) year of experience working in Human Resources and a higher education setting preferred
$35,576 - $60,775
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register.
-- REVISED --
The search will remain open until June 20, 2013.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed in enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.