This position will be located at: Northwest DC Medical Offices 2301 M St. NW, Washington DC
Provides clerical and administrative support for Medical Facility Administrative Office and ensures efficient coordination of communication and administrative functions throughout the facility.
• Provides clerical and administrative support for the Administrative Office in a Medical Facility.
• Answers telephones and takes messages or forwards call as appropriate; processes and distributes incoming and outgoing interoffice and US mail; creates and maintains facility and personnel files; orders office supplies; maintains office printer, copier, and fax supplies and calls for repair as needed; and performs other administrative support functions.
• Supports Medical Facility Administrator and Facility Management Team as needed to ensure the smooth coordination of activities.
• May also provide clerical and administrative support to the PCCL and Service Chiefs in smaller facilities.
• Serves as back-up for Member Assistance Resource Specialist, Facility Services Supervisor, Materials Coordinator, Switchboard Operator, Medical Group Secretary and other administrative support personnel as needed.
• Resolves member or staff problems and complaints or refers them to the appropriate resource in the Facility, Service Area, Or Regional Office.
• Receives and distributes personnel and budget reports to managers and supervisors.
• May run monthly encounter reports from PACE, following up with providers and ancillary departments to ensure that data is complete.
• May assist PCCL or other managers with the preparation of periodic reports.
• Coordinates communication for the facility, including dissemination of communication from Regional, Service Area, and Facility Administration; maintenance of the facility's monthly calendar; and maintenance of bulletin boards and job postings.
• Coordinates preparation and distribution of the facility newsletter.
• Coordinates meeting arrangements: schedules conference rooms and video conferences, orders refreshments, distributes agendas, and prepares materials and presentations.
• Attends QA/QI, admin, and other meetings as assigned; takes, prepares, and disseminates minutes.
• Maintains and disseminates, as appropriate, confidential information and personnel records including leave balances, payroll, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, and budget reports.
• Serves as back-up for KRONOS edits and resolves time sheet problems for part-time and on-call employees.
• May coordinate collection and submission of MAPMG timesheets.
• Monitors budget for administrative supplies and keeps MFA informed of status.
• May be responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash fund.
• Coordinates training and education activities in the facility.
• Conducts or facilitates new employee orientation in the facility.
• May serve as PACE Coordinator, responsible for training providers and health plan staff.
• Coordinates quarterly OSHA training, including scheduling and tracking staff attendance; may present assigned topics.
• Ensures that teaching materials and handouts are available for all staff and member training sessions.
• Three (3) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment required.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Has knowledge of office procedures including filing, standard computer applications in a Windows environment (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail), and standard office processes.
• Sitting at desk performing keyboarding and data entry functions.
• Normal office space with lighting, airs, and heat.
• Prolonged exposure to computer visual display terminals, scanning equipment, other peripheral devices utilizing chemical powders and inks (i.e. toner, ink jet cartridges, etc.
• Customer Service experience or experience in an office with high customer interaction preferred.
• Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente operations and specialized applications (PACE, KRONOS, K-Term, etc.) preferred.|
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....