Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this position you will serve as the business officer for a large sized department/division within the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston with an operating budget between $7 million and $11 million
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Plans, coordinates, and directs the business management and administrative staff activities for a large sized department/unit.
2. Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of personnel, equipment, and space.
3. Assists in the creation of and Implements and evaluates annual budgets encompassing all sources of funding; state, MSRDP, contract, grant and gift funding.
4. Serves as an internal and external liaison for the department to provide and ensure a smooth, efficient, and appropriate flow of information.
5. Ensures compliance with the policies and procedures of the university and department/division.
6. Prepares cost studies and management reports reflecting historical financial data and monitoring expenditures against the budget.
7. Assists in the preparation of progress reports and grant proposals to both private foundations and governmental agencies; works closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects on the submission of grants.
8. Interacts with representatives from state, federal, and private agencies regarding proposals and funded projects.
9. Reviews all personnel action forms regarding appointments, promotions, separations, salary actions, fund source changes, and other types of personnel actions and obtains necessary approvals. Ensures actions are processed accurately and in a timely manner in the human resources and financial management systems.
10. Maintains faculty and staff files, as well as weekly time reports, vacations, sick leaves, and time and effort reports. Has signature authority on all expenditures of the department/division.
11. Identifies and solves problems independently whether they are fiscal or administrative.
12. Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in business administration or other related field with seven(7) years experience in administration or business management. Master's Degree in related field is preferred.
Prior experience with large federal grants and contracts preferred.
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)...