UALR Functional Title
Administrative Specialist II / R97352
The Administrative Specialist II position provides customer service and administrative support in a residence hall from 11:00 pm – 7:00 am.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffs a residence hall reception desk greeting residents and guests from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Checks in visitors and provides information and assistance as requested.
- Monitors lobby activity and contacts hall duty staff as needed to maintain conduct standards.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Composes and types routine correspondence and form letters, maintains hall activity logs, and financial ledgers as directed by supervisor.
- Reviews documents, forms, and records for accuracy and makes necessary corrections.
- Assists in preparation of reports.
- Sorts, files, collate, and prepare mail outs.
- Other administrative duties in support of residence hall functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work night shift which may include weekend and holiday shifts.
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures and ability to maintain a filing system.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations as trained.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of experience in a specialized or related area such as administrative duties such as preparing correspondence and filing.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)and working on a college campus or other academic environment is preferred.
Background Check Requirements
05 - Criminal/Sex/Drug
Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Frequently, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Walking - Short Distances: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, sex offender registry and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas is home to the RFID Research Laboratory, an EPCGlobal-accredited Performance Test Center.