UALR Functional Title
Administrative Specialist III / R99693
Donaghey Scholars Program
The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for reception and secretarial duties in support the Donaghey Scholars Program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer office telephone and take messages for Director, Program Administrator, Associate Director, and students.
- Maintain and manage appointment calendar and correspondence for the Director.
- Assist callers and visitors by providing basic information about the Scholars Program.
- Provide consistent, accurate, and friendly service and information to students, faculty, and staff.
- Type correspondence, memoranda, and reports generated by Director, Associate Director, and Program Administrator.
- Understand purchasing procedure, and be prepared to process purchase orders, Travel Authorizations, and Travel Reimbursements upon request.
- Copy materials as needed for Director, Associate Director, Program Administrator, and faculty.
- Prepare information packets as requested by external and internal audiences.
- Process bulk mail merge and direct mail to prospective students.
- Compile course evaluations each semester for distribution to faculty.
- Manage admissions application process, ensuring completion of applicant files.
- Provide agenda and materials for review by Policy Council members.
- Process textbook orders and classroom scheduling for faculty.
- Aid students with registration and admissions process and issues.
- Use of BANNER database for course scheduling, student records, graduation requirements, space scheduling, and student advising.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all recruiting initiatives including Sampler Day and direct mail correspondence.
- Prepare degree plans for Scholars.
- Verify completion of graduation requirements for Director approval, including CAPP records.
- Maintain records of Program correspondence, Policy Council proceedings, course evaluations, student information, study abroad, departmental reports, course offerings, and registration.
- Create and maintain database of current Scholars, prospective Scholars, applicants, and high school counselors.
- Maintain database of alumni contact information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of work-related subject area.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports.
- Ability to research and analyze related work program information.
- Apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and utilize bulk information.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree; plus knowledge of honors education.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Frequently, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Frequently, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Moderate Distances; Frequently, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and sex offender registy background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 14 months ago