The Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate has an opening in the WCI Information Center, supporting the Secondary Nuclear Design (SND) Program and AX Division, for an Administrative Specialist IV - Classified Administrative Specialist (CAS). Under minimal supervision, perform a combination of complex and difficult administrative duties, coordinating activities with multiple components and maintaining sensitive data within standard policies and procedures. Will solve complex problems, develop and implement new techniques and procedures, and interpret policy, formulate recommendations and establish procedures. Function as an administrative point-of-contact for daily matters requiring frequent interaction with all levels of management, internal and external. Assignments typically have conflicting priorities requiring a high degree of flexibility, discretion, diplomacy, and mature judgment in handling sensitive and complex issues. AX division maintains possession of over 65,000 classified holdings, and serves over 200 FTEs. The position will report to the WCI Security Administrator. |
- Perform a combination of complex responsibilities including the coordination, monitoring, and maintenance of all incoming and outgoing classified documents utilizing Livermore Administrative Documents System (LADS) files in compliance with DOE/NNSA and LLNL policy and procedures.
- Maintain records and administrative controls for classified matter received by and/or transferred from many internal or external organizations throughout the DOE/NNSA Complex.
- Manage Sigma 15, CREM and repository responsibilities for the WCI/AX Division.
- Interact with DOE/NNSA and represent WCI in leading reviews and participating in audits, self-assessments, and annual accountable document inventories.
- Serve as a resource on all matters concerning classified documents and security regulations.
- Oversee Derivative Classifier (DC) and hand-carry authority requests, renewals, and re-certifications.
- Distribute and package accountable and non-accountable classified documents and media, including express mail for mailing to and from WCI and other facilities; verify classified mail channels, ensure documents are marked properly and comply with the established stringent classified document accountability standards.
- Screen material for destruction to assure the retention of critical weapons data as outlined by LLNL Records Management.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
·Act as an Administrative Escort (AE).
·Provide backup support to other CAS personnel within the WCI Information Center.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
·Experience in classified documents/media handling, storage, protection, and administrative controls.
·Advanced administrative experience and skills, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
·Demonstrated capability handling multiple, highly complex tasks effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines, instructions and priorities.
·Demonstrated effective organizational skills including the coordination of multiple activities and ability to independently determine and set priorities and goals with limited task definition.
·Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce.
·Experience functioning effectively as a team member as well as independently.
·Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling classified and/or sensitive information.
·Knowledge of DOE and Laboratory policy and procedure interpretation and implementation, including Safeguards and Security regulations and classified document handling procedures.
·Advanced computer software skills, with experience using personal computers and associated software.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
·Experience utilizing the LADS database.
·Familiarity with the Stockpile Stewardship Program and/or Weapons Program.
· Experience using Document Management System (DMS) for searching, archiving collections and uploading new documents.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: None required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Active DOE Q clearance required at time of hire. (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - 10 months ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....