Administrative Support Clerk, Level III - USDA NRCS – Part time
Part Time Position
Administrative Support Clerk, Level III - USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A U.S. NATIONAL AGENCY BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
The primary purpose of the NRCS is to provide administrative support for farm bill programs contract administration at the field office level. Current employees and qualified individuals encouraged to apply. This contract rebid is to be awarded the first week of April.
Tests may be administered to validate skills. Must be:
1. Proficient in typing.
2. Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, i.e. Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Access.
3. Able to use electronic mail system Microsoft Outlook and internet browser Microsoft Explorer.
4. Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines like copiers and fax.
5. Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures reports, filing, document preparation, meeting preparation, appropriate message gathering, professional telephone etiquette, and professional email compositions.
6. Skillful in working with the general public.
7. Capable of working independently.
8. Possess basic telephone skills.
9. Detail oriented.
10. Knowledge of general agricultural and conservation programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary duty of this position is to enter application and contract data into agency specific software programs and prepare software generated reports.
- Provides a variety of information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and eligibility requirements; guidance on completion of required program application materials, explanations regarding contract payment processes and paperwork requirements necessary for conservation program participation.
- Manage and process conservation program applications and inform participant of eligibility. Analyzes problems with applications and takes remedial actions.
- Reviews participant signature authority documentation for all aspects of applications and contracting documents according to agency policy.
- Manage application and contract administration letters and documents related to application status, status reviews, contract implementation, contract modifications, and potential cancellations or terminations. Maintain contract documents in case files according to agency policy. Responsible for compiling contract documentation including but not limited to plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
- Manage assigned administrative duties for obligated conservation contracts and contract reviews. Provide administrative assistance on contract modifications, as developed by the field office technical staff, within the agency-specific software.
- Assemble documentation required to process approved NRCS certified conservation payments. Provide quality assurance that information on each document is complete per agency policy and guidelines. Process payment applications, as assigned, within the agency specific software.
- Assist with all assigned functions related to financial and programmatic audits.
- Perform other conservation program application and contract duties as assigned.
- Prefer working knowledge of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) software such as Protracts, Toolkit, Performance Results System and Excel.
- Review accuracy of documentation, compliance with regulations and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; process program payment information; prepare for District Conservationist's signature and forward completed document to financial management for payment.
- Provide training support on contract services.
Work will be completed in accordance with NRCS Colorado policies, procedures and the local Field Office Technical Guide (FOTG) requirements. The wage for this position is mandated by the Department of Labor for each specific county served by the USDA NRCS.
Rollout Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer very competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation/sick/personal leave.
How to apply: Through this posting or e-mail your resume to careers @rolloutsys.com (remove space in email address).