Southwest Gas Corporation, a natural gas utility, is looking for an Administrator/Risk Management in its Legal Affairs department. This position is located in Victorville, California. The ideal candidate should possess 5-10 years of investigation and claims experience. A background in safety, security, and environmental programs would be an asset as well. The successful candidate will be: able to travel, computer literate, have excellent communication skills, and interact effectively with all levels of the organization. The incumbent will become a member of a high-quality department which handles a variety of programs and works closely with corporate in-house legal staff. Southwest Gas offers a competitive salary and benefits and excellent work environment.
This position requires availability to travel and to respond to emergency calls on a 24-hour basis. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required. Strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Conducts investigations of incidents involving legal liability, property damage, and employee injuries.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and resolves claims made against the Company.
- Develops and supervises division safety, security, and environmental programs.
- Ensures division compliance with applicable Company policies, local, state, and federal regulations relating to safety, environmental, and security issues.
- Assists corporate in-house legal counsel in the defense of litigation and the resolution of major claims.
- Liaison with fire, police, and other outside agencies.
Five to ten years of relevant claims and investigation work experience.
$71,140 - $88,925
Southwest Gas - 13 months ago