This position reports to the Operations Team Lead for Transition Services. This position is responsible for the administrative functions necessary for the scheduling and enrollment of eLearning courses and student accounts for SEI retained technologies via the SEI Learning Management System (LMS) and for special projects in the area of eLearning, internet research, process documentation, quality assurance, writing and editing. This position requires the ability to interact with clients and staff of all levels in a highly professional and competent manner. Administrative details will include: communication with SEI licensed retained technology partners and instructors regarding course set up and enrollment of students; overseeing the flow of paper and work through the office, drafting correspondence, reports, interpreting and implementing SEI and university policies/procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: logistical administration of SEI blended learning course offerings; must be able to act/react quickly, efficiently and appropriately to changes and additions to course deliveries; must be able to troubleshoot problems and questions regarding blended learning courses; work with Transition Services Operations Team Lead to determine improvement strategies for administration of blended learning courses; support the public Course Registration Team as needed as well as back-up for Course Registration Associate handling public course registration, processing payments, responding to inquiries to course registration and CERT STEPfwd email alias; Customer and technical support for customer inquiries, respond to questions submitted to BL-Attendees mail list and inquiries from PSP instructors during the VLS upgrade process; set up blended learning in LMS; enroll learners in eLearning and blended learning course offerings; respond to SEI licensed retained technology partners regarding additions/deletions/changes to blended learning course offerings and enrolled students; responding to the PSP team inquiries regarding SEI licensed retained technology partners requests; perform routine quality checks of blended learning course and enrollment data; report generation and analyses as directed by the Transition Services Team Leads; member of quality assurance and testing team for eLearning products and online registration system; manage special projects assigned by Operations Team Lead; Document processes related to eLearning, course registration, sales and product strategy; review, update and electronically archive learning help response templates; assist with maintenance of eLearning account inventory; write, edit, and format print documents and web pages for technical audiences, non-technical audiences, and sponsors. The person in this position must be able to take into account usability, readability, and the needs of these audiences, perform quality assurance activities on documents and web pages, work collaboratively with a wide variety of people, follow various internal procedures and standards, and meet deadlines.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: At least two (2) years administrative /secretarial experience and experience in the training environment and event planning or other related area.
- Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related software. Organizational, dependable, analytic, collaborative, problem solving and negotiation skills. Excellent oral and written communication, strong customer interface skills, ability to interact diplomatically with other entities within the SEI, campus community and external customers; the ability to function competently in a team environment. Complex multi-dimension reasoning ability; ability to organize blended learning courses under tight deadlines; detail oriented, ability to maintain accurate records, ability to compose letters, memos and other correspondence; ability to proof various documents for spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors; ability to work with and maintain confidential information. Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary position with some mobility; i.e., able to travel to other campus locations; requires bending, stretching, pushing as well as lifting. Required to walk to areas within SEI building, to interface with instructors, access records, use copiers.
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting; close contact with computer for extended periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to direct others, pay close attention to details, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions.
- Other: Ability to direct others, pay close attention to details, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions.
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent business school certification.
- Experience: Experience in an academic setting as well as experience using a learning management system and online registration system.
Regular Full Time
SEI PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSITION
Minimum Education Level
Preferred Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
12.93 - 24.64 US Dollars Hourly
Carnegie Mellon University - 7 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...