Essential Duties & Responsibilities:|
For consideration, please forward resume and salary requirements:
- Management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, and terminating department staff as deemed necessary.
- Verify that the building and grounds are maintained appropriately and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are addressed.
- Monitor "Data Points" and address issues that affect performance of the facility.
- Lead the facility management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments.
- Monitor each department's activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist, observe, coach, and discipline as needed.
- Develop an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem solving, and empowerment in the development of a facility management team.
- Oversee regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of the staff; and ensure resident needs are being addressed.
- Exhibit positive customer service - both to internal and external customers.
- Utilize survey information, in addition to other source documents, to address areas of importance as defined by our customers.
- Responsible for the QA (Quality Assurance) program.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and confirm compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Monitor Human Resources practices to verify compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to confirm practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices and maintaining a proactive work environment.
- Manage turnover and solidify current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources, and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education and development.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent department managers, supervisors, and other auxiliary personnel.
- Consult with department managers concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Ensure that corrective action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Recognize Stakeholders for exceptional care and job performance on a regular basis and as part of their performance evaluations.
- Manage facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables and receivables.
- Monitor business activities to be certain procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
- Communicate budget guidelines and expectations to Department Managers.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the facility that reflects service opportunities, competition, potential market area changes, and which maximizes census, payor mix and ancillary revenues.
- Lead and monitor Stakeholders to play an active role in carrying out the marketing plan.
- Take initiative in evaluation, development and implementation of new business opportunities that meet the needs of the community and benefit the Company.
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, residents, families, other area health care providers, physicians and community at large. Act as a resource of information to the community related to health care issues.
- Provide guidance and leadership throughout the AHCA survey process to ensure state regulations are met and adhered to.
- Attend or complete in-service education programs and/or CEUs in order to meet facility and licensure educational requirements.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Current/active state Nursing Home Administrator license.
- Current/active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License or obtained within six (6) months after date of hire, unless currently an active licensed clinician in the state.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience and one (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
Hollye Odle- firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard