Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Administrator II – Material Proposal Pricing Coordinator
Primarily responsible for facilitating /leading material pricing in support of the Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit proposal activities in accordance with company policy/compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
· This role requires the creation of manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOM’s) using a Product Data Management (PDM) Tool or coordination with the Proposal Engineering Team for new BOM generation.
· BOM data will be extracted from multiple sources and formatted into an auditable format so that material costs can be accurately quoted by Supply Chain Management.
· Review BOM’s with Proposal Teams, including focus on additional quantity percentages, work breakdown structure, and period of performance to assure process compliance and accuracy. Cost analysis must be performed to compare current versus historical pricing. Completed BOM’s must be reviewed with proposal teams for pricing acceptance.
· Attend proposal team meetings including bid-no-bid, proposal kick-offs, and proposal reviews.
· Apply, champion, and provide continuous improvement feedback for the Material Proposal Pricing (MPP) tool. This tool is the BATC standard tool and process for creating manufacturing BOM’s as required for new business proposals. Actively participate in the Process Change Board regarding tool efficiency, problems, and improvements.
· Coordinate BOM accuracy, including additional quantities justification with Material Requirements Planning Analysts.
· Provide input, necessary annual analysis, and support for additional quantities analysis IAW BATC and government Material Management and Accounting (MMAS) requirements.
· Establish and maintain critical, cross-functional relationships related to new business proposal processes.
· Support internal, government, and customer audits to justify BOM information traceability and requested additional quantities
What you’ll need:
· BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field, plus 2 or more years of related experience.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this role.
· Significant multi-tasking skills in order to support multiple proposal efforts all with varying and critical due dates.
· Must possess strong analytical skills.
· Strong computer application skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and analytical skills common with business / accounting / financial roles.
· In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience.
· Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Ball Aerospace - 19 months ago