Public Health Seattle and King County is seeking to fill one (1) term-limited temporary Administrative Specialist II vacancy in the Community Health Services (CHS) Division. This position is the main point of contact and serves as the front desk receptionist.
This position is anticipated to end no later than December 31, 2014.
Primary tasks are to: answer main phone line, engage people entering the floor and direct to appropriate staff. Provide support to multiple programs on the floor by providing a variety of technical support services, establishing and maintaining data, drafting and editing documents such as letters, memos and spreadsheets as well as performing calendar management in Outlook.
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is opened to all qualified applicants.
1. NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line application with completed supplemental questions.
You can attach additional documents such as a resume or cover letter to your application. Your options are:
• Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application.
• Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the relevant information in the online application and include the information only on the resume. Applications and/or Supplemental Questionnaires that state "see my resume" or "see my personnel file" are considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Cover letters and/or optional resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
WORK LOCATION: Downtown Seattle, Chinook Building, 401 Fifth Avenue Suite 1000, Seattle, WA 98104.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, 40 hours per week.
CONTACT: If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Jennifer Caymol, HR Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (206) 263-8733.
Examples of Duties:
• Answer the main phone line for the CHS Division, greet people entering the reception area and direct visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Interpret established policies for external and internal customers and interact with sensitive or possibly volatile people and/or situations. Will need to be able to exercise a moderate degree of independent judgment.
• Support multiple programs by creating, retrieving, compiling and entering data into documents to be used by program staff.
• Gather and collate program information into packets for presentations to multiple clients.
• Type, proofread and edit documents as requested following established methods and guidelines.
• Update procedures related to the front desk area.
• Perform calendar management functions for the floor conference rooms and possibly for some program managers.
• Responsible for ordering supplies, receiving and stocking the supply room, and tracking inventory to ensure availability of supplies.
• Process mail daily, to include distribution and forwarding as necessary; identify priority items and may involve handling of confidential materials.
• Demonstrated experience providing administrative support to multiple sections or programs, evaluating and managing competing demands and prioritizing workload while meeting critical deadlines and maintaining accuracy of work
• Working knowledge of general office policies, principles and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based applications in the regular course of performing work duties. This will include the ability to enter and track information in multiple database and spreadsheet formats and produce reports from that information to meet program requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting and mathematics.
• Demonstrated ability to employ proper English grammar, usage and spelling, both orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of standard operation of office equipment that may include personal computers, copiers, fax machines and multi-line telephones.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with a diverse group of internal and external customers, under varying degrees of stress, with cultural sensitivity, discretion, etiquette, patience, and professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to move up to 25 pounds in order to move boxes and replenish office supplies. This may involve intermittent sitting, lifting, standing, stooping, bending and reaching during the course of the work day.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrating respect and courtesy to others.
• Demonstrated ability to track multiple tasks of moderate complexity and to change priorities as situations may require it.
• Working knowledge of Public Health software programs for scheduling and registration.
• Demonstrated skill in training and/or orienting co-workers
•This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/jobs.aspx
•Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
•Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
•Staff may be required to play a role as a first responder in the event of a Public Health emergency.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The selected candidate must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
UNION AFFILIATION: These positions are represented by the Professional & Technical Employees Union, Local 17.
Candidates may be tested in the following unless they can document that they have previously taken and passed these skill modules :
1.Excel 2010 Basic
2.Word 2010 Basic
3.Data Entry - Alphanumeric
King County - 12 months ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....