- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education or a related human services field.
- One (1) year of related work experience in a mental health-related field required. Inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Employment references check
- Drug screening
- Provide original, sealed transcripts
- Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Ability to complete assessments and develop treatment recommendations for individual cases.
- Demonstration of leadership qualities and the ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to actively listen to others to establish and maintain effective working relationships demonstrating understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with patients, personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, withdrawal symptoms, and co-existing mental health problems; and determine the client’s readiness for treatment and change.
- Ability to screen for aggression or danger to others and potential for self-inflicted harm or suicide.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, maintain appropriate therapeutic relationships, empathize and communicate with clients and manage aggressive behavior.
This position is eligible for medical and dental insurance at 79% paid by Apalachee, group life and long-term disability insurances at 100% paid by Apalachee, and profit sharing plan at 100% paid by Apalachee. Additional benefits available at employee expense are cancer, accident, and short-term disability insurances.
Apalachee Center, Inc. offers a rich benefits package to employees and their families, including medical, dental, life and disability...