The Admissions Representative obtains all pertinent demographic and insurance information on incoming patients by interviewing patients (or their representatives) in a courteous and efficient manner. The Admissions Representative is also responsible for working with the patient placement coordinator to assign rooms for inpatient or observation patients, processing the necessary paperwork on all new patient admits, and serves as a liaison to patients, their families, the nursing staff and medical staff. Patient ages served-all ages.
Education or Formal Training
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Special Qualifications (licensure, Registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Exemplifies all ENCORE! behaviors and complies with house values.
2. Able to work cooperatively with other people and without direct supervision. Must be able to work under stressful situations, high volume periods, and handle duties with accuracy and organization.
3. Must follow all dress code specifics.
4. Excellent public relations skills required.
5. Manual coordination to operate a keyboard, fax machine, copy machine and be able to type 35 words per minute.
6. Must be detailed oriented, self motivated, have excellent organizational skills with the ability to consistently prioritize, meet changing deadlines, troubleshoot problems and collect and coordinate data in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
7. Ability to respect, accept and follow the direction of a supervisor. Accept constructive criticism and/or any part of the disciplinary process with a positive attitude and a willingness to recognize, improve, correct or change behavior, work habits, attitudes, communication style, etc.
Six months hospital admitting or health care setting experience preferred.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
PBX system, computer, fax machine, photo copier, printer, Translogic Tube System.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Office setting with frequent movement to access printer and copier. Prolonged periods of typing, interviewing patients and families. May interview patients while patient is receiving medical treatment.
Boulder Community Hospital - 2 years ago