Admissions & Records Assistant, Flex L/B (1-19hrs/wk)
Kern Community College District
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of clerical duties in the Admissions and Records Office; to provide information about the college to faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Sick leave and vacation only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Basic arithmetic.
• Apply policies and procedures pertaining to the District’s grading practices.
• Learn and apply the admissions policies and procedures of the District.
• Maintain accurate counts of fees collected.
• Respond to requests and inquiries from faculty, staff and students.
• Perform arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND two years of general clerical experience.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00776
Posting Date: 05/30/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified Flexible Limited Benefit
Rate: $12.36 per hour
Work Week: 1-19 hours per week, 12 months per year
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 32.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, June 13, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit
- 23 months ago - save job