Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the school in accordance with state and federal accreditation and company policies and regulations, consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Admissions - Assistant Director is responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, students services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Campus Admissions Head.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Campus Admissions Head
Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
- Bachelors degree in Business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years admissions recruitment or non-durable goods sales experience.
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Continuous learning
- Personal Adaptability
- Job Knowledge
- Student Focus/Service
- Problem Solving
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 15 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...