Following initial training, the Admissions Representative interfaces with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select school. In addition to communicating the philosophy and features of the school and serving as an advocate for prospective students, an Admissions Representative must meet the school’s quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives, as established for an Admissions Representative in an accurate, professional, and compliant/ethical manner using school-approved admissions processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews with prospective students. Evaluates the prospective student’s needs, interests and qualifications while providing clear and concise information to help the prospective student make an informed decision to attend or not attend the school. Presents information regarding the school’s programs and tuition in a factual and ethical manner
- Consistently achieves the expected goals and objectives of a suite of quantitative and qualitative metrics as defined for the Admissions Representative position including, but not limited to: Enrollments, Starts, Conversion Rate, Show Rate, Schedule/Queue Adherence, Script Adherence, Compliance, the CEC Standards and Product/Program Knowledge
- Professionally assists prospective students through the admissions process in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, school policies and procedures, and in compliance with all accrediting standards and requirements. The major components of the process being the setting of the appointment, interviewing the student, facilitating and processing the enrollment, setting the proper expectations, providing information about and facilitating attendance at new student orientation, and the start of class
- Presents information in a factual and ethical manner regarding the school’s programs and tuition.
- Adheres to daily queue and/or outlined schedule
- Consistently operates within, and is measured with respect to, the school’s expected behaviors: Collaboration and Teamwork, Execution, Communication, Student-Centered, Integrity, Drive, Adaptability and Change Management, and Decision Making
- Partners with departments outside of Admissions including Financial Aid and the office of the Registrar to ensure the delivery of a high level of service to every student
- Upholds all school policies, procedures, integrity, and ethical standards
- Basic computer skills – experience with Microsoft (WORD, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills – ability to multi-task
- Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a highly structured and regulated work environment
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills, particularly telephonic – and good written communication skills
- Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others – self-motivating work style
- Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Learns to effectively utilize all applicable school systems, databases and tools effectively, i.e. the Inquiry Management System, Program Central, Slideshow, Virtual Campus, Stitch-in Site, ADM, Ellen, IEX, and PeopleSoft
- Becomes familiar with and learns to discuss the merits of specific school programs, developing the ability to match a prospective students needs to the correct program fit
- Obtains knowledge of the school, its program offerings and accreditation standards
- Successfully completes admissions certification, compliance and product knowledge checks
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 0 – 2 years relevant sales and/or customer service experience
Colorado Technical University - 11 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...