Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an international organization dedicated to helping people realize their learning potential. MTC creates nurturing environments in which education is encouraged and recognized. Self-respect, skill development and confidence all emerge from those who participate in MTC's educational opportunities to improve their quality of life.
MTC provides life-changing opportunities through academic, career and technical training, and social skills training. For over a quarter of a century, MTC has operated a successful job-training program through the federal government's Job Corps program.
We are currently seeking a Admissions Counselor / Career Advisor in Great Falls, Montana.
T his is a Full-time position.
Reports to the project director or state coordinator. Responsible for conducting direct recruitment activities, interfacing with other outreach contractors, determining student qualifications for placement, and conducting placement activities and follow up in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Conduct direct recruitment activities including public speaking.
2. Develop and maintain linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, youth organizations, recreation centers, DOL, national, state and local agencies and employees to identify potential students and to provide placement services.
3. Interview potential candidates to obtain required information to support eligibility and complete applicant folders.
4. Follow-up on student progress including length of stay and separation.
5. Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
6. Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program placements for separating graduates and conduct job development activities; maintain placement follow up on separated graduates.
7. Directly place students to meet DOL contractual placement goals; verify and document all placements according to requirements.
8. Complete all required documentation in CTS and in individual folders for assigned graduates until their service period ends.
9. Prepare placement reports and assist in the development of the contract's placement plan.
10. Coordinate with center staff to provide placement information to students.
11. Participate in industry advisory councils, community relations councils as assigned.
12. As requested, conduct career support activities in support of centers and regional office efforts.
13. Participate in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting placement activities.
14. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Bachelor's degree or four years experience working with youth. One year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling related services. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Some travel including overnight stays is required.
Management & Training Corporation - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...