Experience is required
The Admission Lead/Training Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of daily activities, key functions within the assigned registration area and for the training and continuing education of Admissions Representatives for the designated area. This function includes coordinating daily departmental workflow as appropriate for the assigned Admission area and acting as a resource for Admission’s employees and other hospital departments. It also includes providing employees with successful completion of departmental orientation checklist prior to their probationary review and other duties pertinent to optimal customer service, patient flow and efficient staff utilization. The Admission Lead/Training Coordinator reports to the designated Admission Supervisor.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Medical terminology course preferred.
3. Keyboarding, filing, office procedure classes and/or experience desirable.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (licensure, registration, etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
1. Responsible for representing the hospital with a courteous, positive and professional attitude, conducting all duties and behavior with ENCORE! standards on a consistent basis.
2. Excellent problem solving skills including ability to identify multiple factors that may impact decisions, selecting best option.
3. Requires an ability to exercise tact, judgment, and persuasiveness in creating and maintaining harmonious relations when working with co-workers, patients and their representatives, visitors, physicians, and the general public.
4. Excellent interpersonal, public relations, teamwork and communication skills required.
5. Must be able to type 50 words per minute accurately.
6. Vision necessary to accurately input patient information into computer system and complete paperwork for all patient types.
7. Must be detail-oriented, be able to troubleshoot problems, collect and coordinate data in an accurate, thorough and timely manner and be able to research, prepare, and present Information.
8. Must take initiative to work independently, meet changing deadlines, prioritize organize and possess time management skills.
9. Must have knowledge of instructions skills and educational techniques.
10. Possess a thorough knowledge of departmental policies and procedures as well as
hospital systems and adapt procedures to best assist patients of all types and ages.
11. Must be able to maintain composure while working under stressful situations, with a high
level of productivity in a busy setting.
12. Must be proficient on Meditech Admission module, B/AR modules, Easy Pay, Outlook, Recondo, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, the SCOOP and any additional programs needed for designated areas
1. One year’s experience in Admissions at BCH, preferred.
2. Insurance and billing experience helpful.
3. Training and supervisory experience preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Computer, fax machine, copy machine, printer, multi-line phone system and headset, scanner, 10 key, Tube System, Easy Pay Swipe
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Requires 6-8 hours of sitting and/or standing, walking and frequent changes of position.
2. Tolerance to high noise levels and multiple interruptions with a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced, challenging and high stress environment.
3. Ability to type for prolonged periods of time and manual dexterity to write and operate required equipment.
4. Hearing acuity to use telephone, communicate with staff, patients, etc. and to be aware of surroundings at all times.
5. Vision necessary to accurately input patient information into computer system and complete paperwork for all patient types.