The Admissions Officers will assist in the marketing and recruitment activities of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Office of Admissions. The positions will manage geographic or assigned recruitment territories and meet with prospective students both in high schools and community colleges, along with prospective student visits to the University. Admissions Officers also serve as a liaison to high school/community college counselors, and represent the University at college fairs. This position is responsible for planning, facilitating, and evaluating at least one specific departmental initiative (i.e. planning open house events, supervising tour guides, supervising phone a thon, etc.). He/she will also serve as a member of the departmental management team; and, as such, participate in the planning and evaluating of all departmental activities.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage and evaluate recruitment-related programs and activities.
- Ability to learn and retain a wide range of institutional information.
- Ability to organize work for and supervise students.
- Ability to plan and execute complex travel arrangements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to communicate with prospective students and evaluate recruitment programs (i.e. social media, relationship management databases).
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
There are two (2) Admissions Officer positions being hired through this process; one Admissions Officer is a 12-month position, that will work from the home campus in Mankato and the other position is an 11-month position that will work in the Twin Cities metropolitan ar ea. Please indicate in your application materials if you would like to be considered for the position in Mankato, the Twin Cities, or both. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Kelsie Wagner, Search Committee Chair
Minnesota State University, Mankato
122 Taylor Center
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/MSUAASF_Contract_09-.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 15 months ago