The Admissions, Discharge & Program Support Coordinator will work as a liaison between the Client Services Team and the residential team to ensure smooth transitions for clients into and out of residential treatment. These duties will include, but are not limited to, providing facility tours and program information to potential clients, managing client admissions and discharges on-site, training other staff members on admit and discharge procedures and communicating between in-house providers, the Client Services Team and clients ensuring accurate planning and paperwork throughout their residential stay. The ADPS Coordinator will also provide program support including managing various paperwork tasks such as taking case management notes and assisting clients in completing discharge surveys.
Experience & Education:
- Work directly with in-house program staff, Client Services Team and clients to facilitate admissions and discharges at the adult facility
- Manage bed assignments based on admit/discharges
- Provide pre-admissions tours and program overviews for potential clients
- Greet all admitting residents and complete all non-medical admission paperwork
- Train and develop Residential Admission Team
- Attend residential case management to discuss and lead conversations around discharge
- Provide support to Lodging Manager and intake coordinator at adolescent house as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology preferred
- Experience in healthcare industry required; mental health industry preferred
- Previous experience working with client advocacy preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Office programs with ability to learn new applications
How to Apply:
- Customer service focus and the ability to build strong working relationships with staff and clients
- Flexibility and sensitivity to detail and deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Must willingly adapt to shifting or competing priorities and work productively in the face of ambiguity
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Work independently and very proactively with minimal direction/supervision
- A high degree of initiative and drive to exceed expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions on problems requiring immediate attention
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume. Documents must be compiled into one PDF and uploaded via the online application form. Click here to apply online .
The position is open until filled. The Emily Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Emily Program - 14 months ago