Under direct supervision, admits patients to the hospital & reviews all required documents for completeness & appropriate signatures; types appropriate forms & assembles accurate & complete records; prepares identification armbands & admission cards; receives valuables & may assist in bed assignments.
• Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws
• Verifies eligibility & obtains authorization for admitting patients to the hospital
• Explains admission process, hospital regulations, policies & procedures
• Interview patients or their representatives to obtain required information & makes referrals to Financial Counseling as necessary
• Collects & informs patients of required co-payments/deposits as necessary
• Reviews reports for coordination of benefits
• Reviews all required documents for completeness & required signatures
• Prepares patient armbands
• Performs pre-admission functions for surgery & labor & delivery cases
• Collaborates w/ nursing & other clinical departments to facilitate bed assignments for non-elective & elective admissions to the hospital
• Processes death certificates for KP members
• Secures & releases patient valuables
• Assists in quality Improvement monitoring as necessary
• Performs reception duties as required including but not limited to answering phones, greeting members at the front desk, & relieving other clerks for breaks & lunches as appropriate
• Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, health plan members & the public
• Performs other duties as assigned by management team and/or lead admitting clerk
Pay Grade: 13
• High School Diploma/GED.
• One (1) year of cash handling experience in hospital admitting, business office or medical office setting.
• Type 25 wpm. Typing score must be current within one (1) year. Please contact Human Resources for testing.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities required of an Admitting Clerk.
• Medical Terminology preferred.
• This is an on-call position; work hours may vary between 2:00 pm - 3:00 am.
• Will provide coverage for emergency registrations, admissions, revenue collection, and customer service.
• Will provide coverage for vacations, sick call, LOA at our Irvine Admitting dept.
• This will not create overtime and will cover positions that are vacated while waiting for replacements.
• This position is needed in the Irvine Emergency area.
Kaiser Permanente - 20 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...