Under general supervision, pre-admits, admits, transfers and discharges patients to hospital inpatient and outpatient services and reviews all required documents for completeness and appropriate signatures; prepares appropriate forms and I.D. wristbands; receives and releases valuables.
• Interviews patients prior to hospitalization; reviews and completes standard admission forms with required information; contacts physician if additional information is needed; inputs information into computer.
• Greets and interviews patients on date of admission; obtains necessary signatures on required documents and explains hospital regulations and policies.
• Receives information from medical staff and other personnel regarding requests for admissions, transfers and discharges; expedites admissions, transfers and discharges according to established procedures.
• Obtains proper signatures on Conditions of Admission, and all other required hospital admission forms.
• Prepares and places I.D. bracelet on patients upon admission; delivers or sends admission labels and forms to patient floor.
• Completes admission packet and documents all pertinent information.
• Obtains proper signatures for outpatient surgeries; directs surgery patients to the proper departments for services.
• Calls patient families when necessary.
• Collects admission information from the admitting doctor, Admission Scheduling Request, Surgery Schedule and emergency room; contacts patient/ responsible party for pertinent personal data.
• In puts required data for the anticipated Admit List, balancing and checking for accuracy and completeness.
• Collects data for Coordination of Benefits and prepares COB packet. Forwards to the Financial Counselor as required.
• Assists Medicare patients in filling out the Medicare Questionnaire as completely as possible at the time of admission. Prepares Medicare packets per established procedure, coordinates and checks packets for accuracy and completeness.
• Collects information regarding members in non-KFH facilities related to admissions, discharges and transfers; completes appropriate forms per established guidelines.
• Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with patients, the public and other personnel.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Collects co-pays from patients when appropriate.
• Requests batch reports print from KPDS system. Distributes reports accordingly.
• Check eligibility of patients prior to admission. If ineligible, coordinates with Financial Counselor.
• Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
• One (1) year of health care experience.
License, Certification, Registration
• Medical Terminology test required.
• Typing 30 wpm. Typing score must be current within one (1) year. Please contact Human Resources for testing.
• All testing must be completed by the end of the posting period.
• Manager's Expectations: Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are critical to our success. We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health plan members.
• This is an On-Call, temporary position for approximately four (4) months.
• Schedule varies.
Kaiser Permanente - 4 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...