This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift 7:00 pm – 7:00 am, weekends
- Intra Unit Posting ~ This position is open to current Sharp Mary Birch MIS RNs only
- BSN preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current NRP and CPR certifications required
- Current experience as a Sharp Mary Birch MIS RN
- Advanced skills and teaching experience required
- Computer charting, strong communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Provides clinical leadership to the MIS staff.
The Maternal Infant Services (MIS) Unit at Sharp Mary Birch provides care for women after the delivery of their babies. We monitor the mother's and baby’s physical recoveries and provide education and practice in caring for a new baby. The goal is for the new mother and her family to go home with a sense of competence and confidence in caring for their newborn while staying in this 72-bed unit. The MIS includes a special Infant Observation Unit (IOU) for babies who need further care and attention. The unit is staffed with registered nurses, lactation consultants and specialists who deliver care specific to the needs of the new baby and his or her mother.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 14 months ago