This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12 hour shift: 7:00 pm – 7:30 am, working every other weekend.
- Intra-Unit Posting ~ Position open to current Sharp Memorial Hospital 4 North unit only
- BSN preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
- Current CPR certification required
- At least one year of RN experience in an acute care setting required
- More than one year ortho experience preferred
- Good clinical skills required
- Good interpersonal communication skills with a focus on quality patient care
- Leadership experience
Performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit’s standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients with assistance and supervision. Accountable for own practice. Demonstrates baseline competency in all areas of the unit skills. Safely administers medication and uses common equipment. Works closely with others on the healthcare team to coordinate care. Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize the workload, recognize emergency situation, and appropriately seeks assistance. Complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards.
4 North is a 32 bed orthopedic unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This unit specializes in total joint/hip/knees, shoulder and spine patient population. This unit also takes 8 Telemetry stable patients and Medical Surgical overflow. The staff on this unit consists of nurses with long term employment and stability who have positive attitudes and exhibit quality leadership. It is a good environment for learning, teaching, and developing new staff.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 2 years ago - save job