Preferred location: Virginia Beach, VA
Level: Sr. Analyst or Consultant
Our Analytics and Research team is expanding to provide superior analytical support and expertise to our product development efforts. The Advanced Analytics team employs analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product value propositions, operational effectiveness, and client specific health gaps and needs.
We are seeking experienced professionals to support the following functions:
The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare informatics and analytics, specifically experience in analyzing claims, financial, clinical, provider, and operational data specific to a Medicare/Medicaid population. This position will be an internal customer facing role supporting the business in the creation of new product solutions and enhancements to improve member health. Candidates with experience in leading and/or supporting complex product development efforts are encouraged to apply. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Partnership with business owners on idea generation, creation of membership profiles, literature review and competitive assessment
- Evaluation of a proposal, a vendor, or a potential new program
- Identification and execution of program improvement opportunities and new product launches
- Program evaluation and effectiveness measurement.
Position requires knowledge of common analytical methods such as profiling a customer segment, experimental design and concepts of regression analysis. Individual will be required to solve well defined analytical problems independently; delivers assignment/projects timely and accurately; collaborates with other analytical team members effectively; presents analyses effectively to analytical and business audience; possess strong intellectual curiosity and motivated to master analytical skills.
- Performs established analysis for routine diagnoses of quality, use, cost and other variables for opportunity assessments;
- Executes identification and stratification algorithm to select the right members for the targeted solution;
- Develops the technical definition of outcome metrics to assess outcomes;
- Performs defined analyses to assess proper outcome metrics for various programs/initiatives;
- Builds, tests, and validates statistical models under supervision;
- Contributes to researches and publications by performing basic analyses, preparing data and documenting results.
- Understands the pitfalls and limitations with analyzing practical data and the ability to ensure data and analysis quality.
Additionally, the Senior or Consultant level analyst will be required to lead multi-functional projects by closely coordinating business and technical resources for new program pilots or product enhancement efforts.
Note: we will consider any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background to the academic and professional qualifications listed:
Sr. Analyst level
Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research; 3-5 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required; 3-5 years in health care setting. PhD preferred.
Consultant level; 5-10 years experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. PhD preferred.
Additional skills required:
Experience with developing expert modeling system for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments in a major industry highly desirable - healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails, consulting, etc. Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred. Advanced expertise with SAS or equivalents analytical tools comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
- WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Information Mgmt Consul...
Advanced Analytics Anal...
Advanced Analytics Sr A...
WFM Analyst (Richmond, VA)
Workforce Service Level...
WellPoint - 5 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...