- Aid the development and implementation of innovative carbon composite components with a focus on automated assemblies.
- Laminate prototype components in R&D process lab for lay-up and process evaluation.
- Design tooling and fixtures for prototyping and developing new carbon composite manufacturing processes.
- Discover and Interface with key suppliers to identify materials and processes needed for future products. Candidate should have a detailed understanding of composite matrices, resin characteristics, and testing protocols.
- Candidate should be able to self-manage in fast paced / creative work environment with a focus on speed to market and out of box product concepts.
- Candidate should be able to thrive while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or Materials Science or other engineering disciplines considered.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and developing products for the consumer market. Bicycle components preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in composites. Composite laminator background preferred.
- CAD software proficiency (Pro/E / SolidWorks preferred).
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, and work in a small, collaborative team environment.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude in building and trouble-shooting components and assemblies.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
SRAM Corporation - 21 months ago