Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in North America, Europe and Africa.
Marathon Oil has operating interests in two Production Sharing Contracts (PSC’s) and non-operated interests in two other PSC’s in the Kurdistan semi-autonomous region of Iraq. The interests are currently in the exploration phase and being progressed toward appraisal programs. Across the various blocks there are multiple prospect areas and the potential for significant development activity. As part of the longer term development objectives the IPO Kurdistan Pre-Development Team is responsible for the planning and execution of all production related activities for the Kurdistan Assets.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in field development activities and must be capable of working with an integrated team to optimize field development and support investment decisions.
A key element of the job is to build reliable dynamic simulations and to interact effectively with other IPO Kurdistan Development Subsurface Team members, Global Exploration (GE), WW Drilling & Completions and management on all Reservoir Engineering related activities.
- The successful candidate will work with an integrated team and will provide a wide range of reservoir engineering support, technical advice and guidance to the team and all support groups.
- Will be responsible for construction of reliable simulation models for dynamic simulation with the objective of optimizing production rate and ultimate recovery that are consistent with available data.
- Will be responsible for day to day reservoir engineering operations on operated properties.
- Work closely with the Exploration Team on all exploration and appraisal well programs and planning activities.
- Will assist in asset handover from the Exploration to the International Production team particularly during implementation of Appraisal Plans, the preparation of Field Development Plans and with Marathon business processes.
- Work closely with vendors and industry experts in the areas of carbonate reservoir evaluation/optimization especially regarding fractures.
- Will be actively involved in field development activities and will provide frequent project updates to management and partners.
Degree Required :
Major Discipline Required:
Years Experience Required:
10 years of oil and gas industry experience, with 5 years in Reservoir Characterization/Static Model Construction.
Basic competencies to include well test evaluation, PVT analyses, Material Balance methods, reserves estimation, production forecasting and carbonate reservoir dynamic model construction. Desirable advanced level competencies to include stochastic/uncertainty evaluation, history matching, and natural fracture characterization.
Must have experience with Eclipse/Petrel software and willingness to learn other reservoir modeling and evaluation software. Simulation experience must include carbonate reservoirs. Should have some experience with naturally fractured rocks.
Travel Required (%):
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...