Advantage Service Coordinator (Senior Sites) – PT
CommonBond Communities, a nationally recognized provider of affordable housing and support services for residents, is looking for a part time (20 hrs/wk) individual to work as an Advantage Services Coordinator at Brewery Point in Milwaukee, WI. The Advantage Services Coordinator promotes the mission of CommonBond Communities by planning, coordinating and evaluating services provided for residents living in CommonBond housing communities. Major responsibilities include provision of individual services and programs that promote resident stability, advancement and independence; financial performance of property; and community engagement.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
3. Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
4. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
6. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
7. Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
8. Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
9. Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
10. Training in the aging process, elder services, disability services, eligibility for and procedures of Federal and applicable State entitlement programs, drug and alcohol use and abuse by the elderly, and mental health issues.
11. Two years experience implementing human service programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Licensed Social Worker
2. Three or more years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
3. Experience working with refugees and/or knowledge of immigration procedures and issues
4. Master's Degree in social work, human services or related field.
5. Experience with employment assistance, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and disabilities.
6. Knowledge of low income housing programs.
7. Supervision experience with volunteers, interns or paid staff.
9. Community organizing experience.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
3. Ability to file documents.
4. Ability to enter data into a computer.
5. Ability to interact verbally with internal and external audiences.
1. Must be willing and able to travel between sites.
2. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
328 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
Employees and residents encouraged to apply.
CBC Is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
values a diverse work environment; individuals with disabilities and minorities are encouraged to apply.