Job Title: Advertising Art Director - Home/Jewelry
Job ID: 315528
Location: Plano, Texas
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Creative Art Director
JC Penney Company, Inc.
jcpenney is currently going through a historic company wide transformation that will take our organization to the next level! Our aim is to become “America’s Favorite Store” through providing quality good, products, and services to every American. Our goal is really pretty simple – we want to help our customers look and live better every day, while bringing back the fun of shopping.
In order to accomplish this mission we are seeking out top talent to join our organization. jcpenney offers a environment and culture were you can find yourself — your style, your purpose, and your career. Come and be part of our story as we make retail history!
• Develops graphic design for merchandise lines supporting assigned company advertising programs in national preprints, direct mail, and assigned projects to maximize sales and improve consumer perceptions of the company/brand.
• Designs and executes the development of creative ideas for print advertising that support merchandise stories, branding objectives, and sells all merchandise lines. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising art or photography to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company’s fashion/brand image goals.
• Checks all art or photography to ensure factual accuracy, adequacy of selling message, creative effectiveness, compliance with vendors/coop regulations and Company policy before submitting to senior management. Reviews proper relationship, art to price emphasis, and resets or repositions as needed. Provides personal responsibility/accountability for final proofing of all art on assigned projects.
• Familiarizes layout artists with various lines of merchandise, formats, and company stylistic requirements. Encourages designers and helps develop aesthetic sensitivity required to judge layout, type and photography.
• Works with team project manager and merchandise departments to coordinates Buyer proof corrections and provides revisions. Coordinates all art corrections from merchandising divisions into master proof.
• Monitors project to ensure due dates are met.
• Works with Creative Advertising Design Manager and Creative Advertising Art Manager from a graphic and layout standpoint, to provide direction to and follow-up on various stages of advertising procedure with production photographers and freelance artists; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Education: College or art school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Experience: 4 – 6 years’ experience in layout for related media with proven management skills and preferably with experience directing, training, and guiding other layout artists.
• Strong sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts, leadership, creativity, ability to multi-task and project management.
• Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator for a Mac operating system.
• All candidates must be able to provide working samples of produced print advertising creative to substantiate experience (online portfolio or print pdf portfolio).
• Ideal candidate will have previous home and or jewelry on set art direction experience.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
• You should be easy going, fun, tenacious, and excited about all the new changes that jcpenney is undergoing!
Starting salary is based on experience. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical and dental insurance and 401(k) with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...