Zynga is looking for a Sales Director to join our growing team! If you have had a strong record of success in digital media sales we would love to talk to you! Zynga’s culture embodies the dynamics of a start-up, focusing on creativity and fun.
Zynga is a fast-paced technology company connecting millions of friends through games every day. At Zynga, you will find smart, creative people who are passionate about taking on new challenges. Whether you are a developer, designer, or a customer service manager, there’s an opportunity here for you to level up and be your own CEO.
Title: Sales Director
Location: New York, NY
Zynga is seeking a dynamic Sales Director for its Advertising Sales team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network online marketing solutions to Fortune 500 companies; holds deep VP and CMO level relationships with companies and top-tier agencies and possesses a proven track-record in developing new territories, across multiple verticals. This position reports to the VP of Advertising Sales and is based in NYC.
- The Sales Director will be responsible for cultivating and developing high-level client relationships and serves as a trusted consultant to senior marketers and agency partners within his/her aligned region.
- Serve as an industry expert in digital advertising; emphasis on display advertising and social media is strongly preferred.
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service by leveraging a highly consultative approach.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams (Business Development, Game Studios and Legal) to drive revenue growth with new and existing customers.
- Partner with our Sales Development team to create consultative sales presentations using market trends, client research and industry specific case studies.
- Strong quantitative aptitude with the ability to analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media solutions.
- Instrumental in driving the RFP process; execute and deliver high quality answers.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills; ability to pitch new business to clients and advertising agencies.
- Exceed sales, pricing and yield goals; effectively manage to an individual quarterly sales goal.
- 10+ years of selling experience; deep digital expertise required.
- 5+ year of sales management experience.
- Hands-on experience in selling online advertising; deep display expertise required.
- Proven success in structuring and closing highly complex six to seven figure advertising. and/or marketing deals within a 12 months sales cycle.
- Strong knowledge of and established C-Level relationships within the aligned region and/or the industry.
- Deep knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
- Possess established relationships with top marketing decision makers at clients and agencies in the aligned region/territory.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate complex technical features in simple terms.
- Strong passion for and knowledge of social media.
- Ability to work in a flat organization; thrive in a highly collaborative team based environment.
- Driven, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Prior sales management experience is required.
- BA/BS degree; strong academic record is preferred.
Zynga - 2 years ago