We are seeking an East Coast based Sales Manager with Book Publishing Industry experience for our Advertising Sales team.
The ideal candidate is a true “hunter” and strategic seller with an infallible background of success in selling online advertising.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate, motivated and analytical individual to join and have a big impact at Goodreads - one of the fastest growing sites on the Internet.
Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. We are the 8th largest social networking site.
We have 13 million members who have added more than 400 million books to their shelves. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Along the way, we plan to improve the process of reading and learning throughout the world.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Sell into new prospects as well as into our existing book publisher related account base. The main priority is to create new revenue and be one of the main ad revenue growth engines for the company
- Deliver to monthly and quarterly revenue targets
- Work collaboratively with account management and operations to on-board new clients and to maximize sales process on behalf of clients
- Work with our executive team to ensure consistent value is delivered to the client and potential for up sell is realized
- Assist in developing new advertising opportunities and revenue streams; oversee budgeting and forecasting for assigned and owned accounts
- This is a remotely based position in New York. Goodreads is headquartered in California.
We Prefer People Who are Passionate About:
- Successful track record and proven experience selling and marketing Internet advertising
- Solid and productive relationships with book publishers and their ad agencies
- Ability to hit the ground running and close deals quickly with book publishers and their ad agencies
- Experience selling autonomously
- Strong sales skills including prospecting, forecasting, pitching, presenting, and closing large deals
- Ability to create dynamic, complex, highly targeted proposals customized to the specific needs of the agency and/or brand
- Demonstrated knowledge of online marketing (ad units, pricing, etc.)
- Understanding of DFP and other 3rd party ad serving technologies
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM system
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to easily understand and analyze data and develop key insights
Please submit your resume and a paragraph or two about why you want to work for Goodreads.
- Reading books!
- Helping define the future of online advertising
Goodreads.com - 22 months ago