Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Advice Generation Director - Auto for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position serves as the advice expert for the entire auto experience life cycle for USAA members, to include advice from the time a member thinks about buying a car, through research, pricing, buying, financing, insuring, ownership and selling. This role has primary responsibility for the development of USAA's point-of-view regarding:
• Finding the right vehicle
• Making lease vs. buy decisions
• Buying a new vs. used vehicle
• Getting the best price
• Working with dealers
• Protecting the member's investment and their financial security - insurance, debt protection, extended warranty
• Maintaining the vehicle
• Total cost of vehicle ownership
• Selling the vehicle
• Driver safety, including youth and elder driving
- This role is the lead creator of compelling points-of-view that inform the development of relevant and actionable USAA advice and recommendations.
- This includes orchestrating advice content that is imbedded in member experience designs, messaging and other interactions, across tools and channels.
- The position provides technical validation of advice messaging and engages additional expertise where required to ensure completeness of USAA's point-of-view.
- It also leads the development of scenarios that model the impact of advice recommendations on member financial security.
- Bachelor's degree required. High school diploma and 5 additional years of experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of experience in roles requiring the application of knowledge specific to vehicle financing and insurance required.
- Broad industry and product knowledge with key areas of expertise in vehicle ownership and personal financial planning required.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- CPCU designation and/or Series 7 and/or Series 63 license preferred.
- Master's degree with a concentration related to the scope of this position preferred.
- Completion of Certified Product Manager course preferred.
- Experience developing financial advice scenarios regarding vehicle selection, financing and total cost of ownership for consumer audiences preferred.
- Prior experience within a diversified financial services organization preferred.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
Less than 25%
USAA - 14 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...