The incumbent reports to the Director of the Becton College Advising Center and Transfer Student Services. The primary responsibilities of this position are to engage in all student advisement services for undergraduate freshman students, undeclared majors in Becton College, and students in the Individualized Studies Program in Petrocelli College, and to conduct outreach programs to Becton College freshman and academic intervention programs to probationary students.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in an academic environment.
2. Prior experience in an academic environment, preferably in student advisement, records/registration, admissions or recruitment.
3. Excellent human relations and oral and written communication skills, with a sensitivity to student needs.
4. Computer proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, database software and web navigation. Knowledge of Datatel a plus.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Willing and able to work non-standard hours as required, including evenings and weekends.
7. Valid driver’s license and accessibility to a car for travel to the Metropolitan Campus and/or off-campus locations as required.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.
19 Hours Weekly
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Fairleigh Dickinson University - 24 months ago