At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Advisor IT Security Analyst #35929
PSE is looking for an Advisor IT Security Analyst, specializing in Security, Vulnerability and Threat Assessments to join our IT Security & Risk team. The ideal candidate will be able to provide subject matter expertise to departments on issues of Information Security, including technical guidance and training. Additional responsibilities include performing Risk Exceptions and Risk Acceptances, suggesting and implementing improvements to IT Security & Risk processes and procedures, participating in IT sponsored process improvement activities, and contributing to the development and delivery of Security Awareness programs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our IT organization as we move towards new technologies that will change how we do business and the way PSE interfaces with our customers. Come play an integral role within PSE as we create and implement new technological solutions to help us better serve our customers and the communities they live in. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum impact. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, a generous paid time off package, and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience or combination of specialized training/experience and 8 years of directly relevant experience.
- Technical proficiency in security-related hardware and software; ability to function as a consultant to other IT groups on security matters as a recognized technical expert and to lead teams
- Knowledge of security controls for mainframe, midrange, PCs, laptops
- Understanding of various operating environments, e.g. MVS, Unix, Windows NT, Linux, Novell, Cisco IOS, Solaris, Open VMS, AIX.
- Hands-on knowledge of working with network routers, LAN bridges, and the communication architectures that link them together (e.g. LAN's, WAN's ISDN, PSTN, FDDI, ATIVI, Frame Relay, X.25, X.400, Internet).
- Understanding of security 'firewall' gateways and their designs, configuration and management, including appreciation of the value of computer and firewall audit logs, automated compliance checkers and break-in detection and evasion utilities.
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as: ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, COBIT and COSO
- Experience with implementation and management of compliance requirements such as NERC and SOX
- Understanding and experience with other security products and techniques such as token-based dialup authentication, modem callback and password management is desirable
- Ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions at one time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Two or more years of experience in working in the utility industry
- Two or more years of hands-on IT or information security assessment
- Highly desirable are certifications in one or more of the following:
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Network Security Professional (CNSP) or Associate (CNSA)
Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. To apply, please go to www.pse.com/careers.
Indeed - 16 months ago
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...