Advisory Services Manager - Utilities Sector- Finance Transformation
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager to manage client engagement teams and manage business development activities with a focus on the utilities sector.
Ernst & Young Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our Advisory team means you will specialize in a particular competency - Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance. Our Performance Improvement team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management.
The opportunity is now! If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, Ernst & Young Advisory Services is for you!
Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior advisors within the organization.
Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Ernst & Young practices to serve client needs.
Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 + years of related work experience; or a graduate degree
- approximately 5+ years of experience working in a professional consulting firm, providing advisory services to clients in the utilities sector, ideally in one or more of the following areas: shared services, business process improvement with accounting functions
- knowledge of SAP Financials and other ERP Financial applications preferred
- a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics; MIS preferred
- an MBA (project management, finance, operations); or a master's in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Science a plus
- analytical and conceptual thinker with innovative capacity
- ability to handle complexity and ambiguity, and provide structure to complex problems
- collaboration, teaming, and excellent presentation and skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- a high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- an ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
- a strong work ethic
- a willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated to be 80-90%
- a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Ernst & Young - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...