The Affirmative Action Planning Advisor is responsible for supporting our clients in areas of Affirmative Action, EEO, and Diversity strategies. The AAP Advisor is responsible for guiding our clients through the development of affirmative action programs (AAP) that set forth the policies, practices, and procedures that the organization will implement to ensure that all qualified applicants and employees are receiving equal opportunity in recruitment, selection, advancement, and other benefits and privileges of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Leads the effort in development of AAP programs including; workforce analysis, job group analysis, availability and utilization analysis, placement goals, adverse impact analysis and goal attainment.
- Provides guidance and counsel’s clients and team members on matters related to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Consults and advises clients on compliance objectives such as Affirmative Action, EE0-1 / VETS100A, polices, practices and procedures.
- Informs clients of the required responsibilities and practices of the organization for maintaining AAP’s
- Prepares the AAP for the Disabled and Veterans per regulations to ensure equal opportunity.
- Researches federal, state, and city requirements to advise clients on legal requirements and best practices.
- Designs, coordinates and/or facilitates training materials and programs.
- Prepares EEO-1 reports for clients and oversees OFCCP client audits.
- Applies subject matter expertise in consultation with clients regarding EEO, affirmative action, and/or diversity strategy.
- Maintains proper documentation, project notes, and timesheets as they relate to client projects.
- Provides clients with on-going support throughout the year for any questions and areas of concern within the AAP/EEO topic area.
- Responsible for keeping current with OFCCP requirements.