BAE Systems seeks an experienced Afghan Cultural Advisor/Translator to support counter-IED efforts of command-level U.S. and Coalition Forces in Afghanistan. Responsibilities include: coordinating meetings between U.S./Coalitions and Afghan personnel; providing oral translation at meetings as well as translation of written materials; maintaining a high level of Afghan atmospherics awareness and updating U.S. leadership about changes as necessary; effectively educating U.S. and Coalition Forces on Afghan cultural norms, sensitivities, and behaviors; monitoring Afghan media for items of significance; liaising with senior Afghan officials; contribute to the creation of intelligence products; and other duties as required. A proactive, mission-oriented mindset and flexibility suitable for a deployed environment are also required.
BAE Systems offers competitive salaries and benefits. Additional compensation is added to base salary while deployed. Housing and meals are provided during deployment. Please inquire for more information. Required Skills:
- Demonstrable familiarity with counter-IED technical terminology and programs - Previous experience working in Afghanistan in a command-level support position - Expert written and oral proficiency in Dari, Pashtu, and English languages - Afghan culture and society expertise - Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint Preferred Skills:
- Counter-IED and/or EOD experience - Degree in engineering or a related technical field of study - French language proficiency
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems - 19 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...