GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Performs account reviews, follow-up and resolution of bad dept pre-list.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintains all payment reports. Report copies are sent to the agency to post payments either daily, weekly or by disc. Ensures that the tapes and reports match and balance.
- Agency pre-list is worked weekly to ensure that all accounts are second placed or days are reset according to corporate standards. Agency 05 reports are reviewed to ensure the agencies are working accounts according to expected standards.
- Work the Bad Debt Pre List weekly and verify proper aging on all accounts.
- Maintains all agency reports, remits, etc. to meet with the corporate retention schedules. Work the acknowledgement and close and return reports monthly.
- Handles all calls from the agencies. Responds to requests which include research payments, contractual, approving arrangements, audits, etc.
- Handles all calls from patients on legal accounts. Works with the patient in regards to payment arrangements and acts as a liaison with the attorney to ensure that both ends are handling collection on the accounts in the same manner.
- Handles all patient walk-ins that need to discuss legal accounts. Reviews all problems on the account and works with the attorney to help the patient to understand the collection process and ensure that the account is being handled consistently at the attorney and the hospital level.
- Handles the write-off on Medicare accounts. Completes and checks the worksheets for errors. Reviews accounts to ensure that only the patient portions are logged. Works with the Medicare auditor and files a complete log after audit.
- Assists with the Charity log.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly and spell correctly
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds, occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations
- At least 2 years medical office/healthcare experience required
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement